The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and disclaimer notice and any or all agreements: “Client”, “Customer”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting Amalena – Ethical & Eco-Friendly Gold Jewelry’s Terms and Conditions.
“Amalena”, “Amalena – Ethical & Eco-Friendly Gold Jewelry”, “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Us” refers to our company Amalena – Ethical & Eco-Friendly Gold Jewelry “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the client and ourselves, or either the client or ourselves.
“Processing” – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
“Data subject” – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
“Child” – a natural person under 16 years of age.
Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to the same. Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Data Protection Principles
We are following data protection principles:
• Processing is lawful, fair and transparent. Our processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing personal data. We will provide you information regarding processing upon request.
• Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
• Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
• Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
• We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
• We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject's rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
1. Right to information – meaning you have the right to know whether your personal data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
2. Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
3. Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
5. Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
6. Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
7. Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
8. Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
9. Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
10. Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
11. Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we collect
Information you have provided us by using the webshop
This is your e-mail address, name, billing address, delivery address, telephone number and payment information – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product. We save the information you provide us only for customer service to you and our accounting purposes.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any), geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views . This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, you .
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
• provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
• enhance your customer experience;
• fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
• to identify you;
• to provide you a service or send you your purchased product;
• to communicate either for sales, invoicing or requested information;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
• to send you personalized offers (only from us);
• to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
• to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
• to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
• for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
• the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
• the further Processing would not harm your interests and
• there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. We will not sell or rent to any third party any of the personal information or data that you provide to us. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We may share your information with third parties (Woocommerce, PayPal, Visa, Mastercard) who perform various functions to enable us to provide our services and help us operate our business, such a sending email communications, fraud detection and prevention, customer care and payment solutions.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
Transferring data outside Europe
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services. As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time-to-time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have data protection laws similar to Austria. By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
• Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
• Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
• Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings.
Last modification was made on the 24th of April 2018.
Governing Law & Direction
This Agreement shall be governed, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Austria, without regard to its conflict of laws rules.
Use this form to find things you need
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.